Saturday, April 19, 2008

I am not Christopher Columbus....

But, I still feel like I have just made the greatest discovery EVER! The other day at was at Market Street (for like the third time that day), and I just so happened to be on the candy isle. My cart usually ventures down this isle to stock up on Jelly Belly sours or gummy worms (these are Chris' one weakness in life). However, this day was different. I ended up in the dark chocolate section. I have tried so many kinds of dark chocolate, and I have really found none of them to be all that great. But for some reason I was feeling adventurous, so I threw a new Dove dark chocolate bar into the cart. They have just come out with these new kinds of bars (the one I got was called "Vitalize"), and let me just say it is amazing! The chocolate actually tastes good, and it is somewhat good for you. What a wonderful combination!

Today, we have had an awesome family day. We somehow ended up with all of these extra hamburger buns at our house. I was just about to throw them away, and then I remembered..."We could feed the ducks."  So, that is where we went today. Mckinley loves it! Although she thought it would be a lot more fun if she could hand deliver the bread to the ducks...in the water. Chris spent the entire time we were there holding her back, and she kept trying to get closer and closer. 

The whole time I was thinking about how this is so much like our relationship with God. There are all of these things that we want to do, and we think that they look so great and inviting. He sits there so patiently trying to hold us back, and yet we keep insisting that our way is right. Mckinley was so squirmy, and she kept trying to get to the water. Finally, Chris picked her up, and decided that it was time to go home. This is one of my favorite things about being a parent. I am in love with the fact that God uses everything, even a one year old, to show me more about Him and his love for me. How simply amazing.

1 comment:

The McEvilly's said...

I have had one of those Dove chocolate bars. They really are good.