Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Last Leg....


We are almost there. After only two weeks of working ( I might say that it has felt so much longer), I think that we may be approaching move in day to the new house next week. The house already looks so different, and we are so, so, so excited :). Here are some things I have learned through this VERY educational process:
1. Lowe's Home Improvement is only a place for home improvement....NOT any kind of mental/emotional improvement 
2. The shows on HGTV are very deceptive. They make remodeling look easy, fun, and enjoyable. Don't fall into their sneaky little trap.
3. Some husbands have a very different definition of manual labor. It may consist of working for five minutes and then taking a nap from pure exhaustion.
4. Type A and Type B people should never remodel a house together. You would think that the combination of these personality types would make a great team, but I have come to way different conclusions.
5. You can feed a family of three for 12.00 at Rosa's, Market Street, and Chic Fil A. Also, this is a great time to pack up those oh so helpful pots and pans if you don't like cooking. 

Other than that we are doing just fabulous. I promise that I will get more pictures up really soon:)!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Bless your sweet heart! I bet you are exhausted! I can't wait to see pictures of all that you have done!