Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Chris Galanos as a dad!

Raising a child has been such a joy. However, raising a child with Chris has made life even more fun. There have been countless things that Chris has done as a dad that have left me laughing hysterically. 

Take for instance this morning. I was rushing around getting ready, and I asked Chris if he would get McKinley dressed. He said sure. I was in our bathroom, and he walked in with her all ready to go. "Don't you think she will get cold in this dress?" She was in this cute brown and pink corduroy dress she had gotten for Christmas. I had not thought about the fact that is was January and the dress was sleeveless. "Oh yeah, there is a pink sweater in her closet. Would you mind grabbing that and putting it on too?" I guess I assumed that he would put it on outside the dress, you know where a normal cardigan sweater would go. Five minutes later he comes back to the bathroom with Mckinley. I could tell he was proud he had gotten her dressed. I glanced over at her, and noticed, that yes, the pink button up sweater was on, UNDERNEATH the brown dress. "Umm, babe," I said.  "Yeah," he replied. "That sweater needs to go on the outside of the dress." "What!" he exclaimed, "that makes no since." You see, Chris does in fact, have his own since of style...I guess.  I did not argue. I feared that by arguing I would loose any possibility of him helping in the future.  So, I just waited until he had left for the day, and saved her from a sad, sad fashion mistake.

1 comment:

Jeff and Blair said...

Yeah I am so excited that you are blogging, I hope that your family had a wonderful Christmas and I can not believe how big McKinley is getting!