Friday, January 4, 2008

Coffee Date!


Chris and I are constantly changing our schedule around to see how we can most efficiently use the twenty four hours God has blessed us with. Well, I guess it is more of Chris changing his schedule around. For the most part, I am a creature of habit. I have gotten up early for years (or at least since McKinley has been here). I never understood this concept in high school. My mom is an early riser. I mean not just like seven or eight a.m.. We are talking four a.m. people. And yes, she even wakes up at this insane time without an alarm. Unfortunately, I guess I am prone to this type of schedule because of my genetics. Who knows. 

Anyhow, recently Chris has decided that he thought it would be best to stay up way past my bed time. I am not going to lie, I usually hit the sack around nine p.m.. Anything past this is pretty much considered a late night. He, on the other hand, considered his bed time to be more around the early morning hours. This worked for awhile. However, I would wake up around two in the morning to suddenly realize that all of the lights were on, and I would briefly panic thinking "He is working late tonight." I would roll over and fall back asleep. I would wake up around an hour later to still find all of the lights on. "Man, he must be on a roll." At this point I would have to get up to see what in the world this was all about. I would walk in to the living room to find Chris on the couch with is head back, and his mouth wide open, his eyes closed.  "Babe, how long have you been asleep?"  He would wake up, look around the room and say in a confused tone "Only fifteen minutes."  "Yeah," I would say "and the last time I went shopping was when I was twelve. Come on, time for bed." After this happened several times, Chris decided that he needed to make a revision in his schedule. 

As we went to bed last night he told me that he was going to get up at the same time I did. I acted surprised. He has said this before, and I never saw it happen. I have to admit that this morning was different. He did get up, and his only request was coffee. This surprised me even more. He NEVER drinks coffee. In fact,  he has given me a hard time for years for drinking coffee. So there we sat at the kitchen table with bibles in hand and coffee cups close by. After a couple of sips from his cup, he stated  "man, this stuff will wake you faster than you can think." 
"Finally." I thought. He finally understands why I start each day with some quality time at the coffee pot. We had a great morning...I'll let you know if this schedule lasts. 

No comments: