Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mckinley goes back to the dr!



I think that I am just paying my dues. It seems as if our week is not complete without at least two trips to the doctor's office. Wonderful. My mom informed me the other day "Emilie, you were sick as a child too." I guess it is my turn to care for the sickly. Oh well! 
In the mean time, I have started reading a wonderful book titled "Having a Mary Spirit," by Joanna Weaver. The book has been wonderful so far, and left me feeling so challenged and refreshed! The book really goes along with one of our main motto's at church: no perfect people allowed. Joanna Weaver is a pastor's wife, and she talks about one of her main struggles being the fact that she has a tendency to be more like Martha than Mary. I would have to admit that once I became a mom, Martha tendencies are really typical for me. However, this book has helped me to really rethink so many things. I just love it when God uses everything to teach me more about Him. 
On a lighter note, last night offered another bright Chris parenting moment. We had gone to dinner with some friends, and Mckinley was shipped off to Grammy and Paw's house due to her ear infection. After dinner we went to pick her up, and headed home. Like always, she fell asleep in the car. We pulled in the drive way, and I volunteered Chris to bring her inside. He picked her up, and headed in the door. He took her to her room, put her in bed, and turned the lights off. He tip toed out of the room and said "Shhhhh, be quite, she is almost asleep." Not believing this to be true, I walked into Mckinley's room. I looked over in her bed, and there she sat with the most pathetic look ever. She still had her pink jacket on. Mind you it was buttoned up, and her hood was still on her head. "Babe, she can't sleep in her jacket, " I said. "Yeah she can, I don't think she would get to hot in it." I walked over to her bed, and once again rescued her from what would have been some really hot and uncomfortable sleeping attire. Oh my!

No comments: